Nov 11, 2011

[ST] - Butterflies and Bumblebees

A perfect headline for a day in November... when all the little insects are outside on their way from flower to flower and... oh... uhm... never mind.

I'm not done with the whole Bamboo thingy yet, as I've yet againg got overwhelmed by my own personal longings to get Loner's Peak done and started the second phase of editing a bit sooner than originally planned. So during the last two days I've been occupied with trying to smooth out some of the rougher edges that the story still had. And I'm quite confident that it won't be before too long that the storyline of Jonathan Mortinson is done, so I can move on to the parts of Thomas Mitchell. In any case you could just say I've been doing stuff.

For today, the flash fiction I want to present to you is a bit... awkward. It's somewhat of a stylized story for children with a save-the-environment background to it. I mentioned it aaaages ago on the site and I think the only thing I actually said about it was that Beni had approved of it.
Just don't take it too seriously.
Anyways, enjoy!


*~*


Well hello there! How nice of you to join us.
Who I mean with "us" you want to know? Well, can’t you see her? Oh yes I know, she is a bit tiny, but please do not tell I said that about her. Look! She is right over here, my good friend Camilla, the beautiful butterfly.
She really is enjoying this lovely day to the fullest. She has been outside playfully flying around ever since the sun came up! She really had a lot of fun today!
I hope she didn’t fly too fast. That really must have been exhausting!
So Camilla has to sit down for short moment. How about over there, on that small flower? Oh do not be silly, she is not that heavy. She is merely a small butterfly after all!
It has been a really warm day until now. The sun has been happily shining brightly down from the sky with a wide smile on her yellow face.
Oh! Who is that behind that flower over there! Ah! It is Bertha, the bumblebee! How good to see you too! She is a good friend of Camilla and I guess she is also happy to see her butterfly friend too.
But poor little Bertha does not have as much luck as Camilla has. She had to work all day long. She was collecting nectar from the colourful flowers all around us on the lush meadow. So Bertha must also have had a really exhausting day too! But she is not only tired it seems! What is wrong Bertha? Why do you look so sad?
‘Oh’ the cute little bumblebee says in a low voice, ‘I am sad because of my home meadow. It is all gone! It simply vanished this morning just after I got up.’
'How mean! What had happened Bertha?' Camilla also wants to know why her friend is so sad. So that maybe we can cheer her up again!
‘They are building a new motorway over there! But it was such nice meadow. All my neighbours were so friendly. Emma the Mouse, Charlie the mole and even my distant cousin Edna the wasp from the nearest forest, they all had to suddenly move away this morning! And all this happened just because those humans wanted to build another one of their noisy and dirty roads. I don’t think they needed any more, if you ask me, but I’m just a tiny bumblebee without a car. I’m just happy you did not have to move away too, Camilla!’
Camilla sees how sad Bertha looks down to the ground. 'Humans sure are mean sometimes! But you can stay with me, if you want to!’ Camilla says quickly. And you can already see how small Bertha is already lightening up a bit again.
‘It’s maybe not as great as your old home, but I’m sure we will have lots of fun!’
But unfortunately this all the time we got here on the meadow. I'm afraid we have to leave those two already. I'm sure they will be fine!
Bye now Camilla! Bye Bertha!


*~*


Another week down, another week closer to Christmas.
As for next Friday - just as announced: I'll put the first installment of The Bamboo Labyrinth up on to the site. And I'll be giving you a few more details on the whole topic in the said post as well, how it'll all work etc pp. So you get a better idea of what I'm planning.

I think I shall leave it at that for now and get back to editing. The sooner it's done, the sooner it's over with. Writing the story and coming up with it in general is a lot of fun if you ask me - but the other parts are a bit tedious from time to time.

Anyways... as always thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this weeks piece of flash-fiction I threw at you.
Marc, the one who's pretty much high on energy drinks and caffeine right now.. weeeeeeee

P.S.: I'll see what I can do to get a new kitteh up.
P.P.S.: Kitteh upz.

Seemingly unrelated songquote of the day:
"If we don't kill ourselves we'll be the leaders of a messed up generation. If we don't kid ourselves, will they believe us the reasons when we tell them why?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.