Nov 8, 2011

[SUM] Like bamboo on a sunny morning

I welcome all of you who managed to successfully drop by and now wait for me to start the usual ramblings (I know... I use that word way too often).

But before I head on to the main topic of today's post I'd like to share a little something with you people. Something that took place yesterday and still manages to make me raise an eyebrow. I got word from my other pc...my laptop - yes! And no it's not done yet... but... aw well, yeah it's a bit strange.
Anyways I received the call yesterday afternoon from the guy from the shop who took it in with me and did a brief inspection of its power pack, adapter or whatever you want to call it and the battery on the spot.
Both of them seemed normal and functional for both of us, but now the repair place of Sony called them to tell them they should call me and tell me that they wanted to have a look at both those things too because the notebook itself seems to be working perfectly fine. (It wouldn't even start booting when I handed it in ... so I can only assume it miraculously repaired itself on its own as Sony says to have done nothing to repair it, whilst having a nice refreshing drink somewhere at the beach. It should have just told me if it wanted to go on vacation that badly...)
In other words, I brought the stuff I still had here because it looked fine to the shop so they can send it in too and right now I'm taking bets whether or not I'll get all of my stuff back before the end of the month. Not even thinking about the whole "is it really working again" part or the infamous 'why'...
In any case I learned one thing: give them a few weeks of time, a Sony Vaio will apparently repair itself after a while. (Did somebody just say Skynet?)

As for today's Short-Update-Madness... As announced in an earlier post on the blog I'm currently working on a short-story I named "The Bamboo Labyrinth", which will most likely be published on this blog as a series of entries for my Storytime segment.
Unfortunately, finishing the whole thing will get delayed for a couple of days as writing it down is a good bit harder than I had anticipated. The start of the story as such is done and it progresses rather nicely but I'm greatly slowed down because the moment I start re-reading parts of it I go onto a re-phrasing spree. All the deleting and re-writing... oh the humanity!
All the drama aside... with my current plans it's not too much of a set back at the moment. I've still got something in store for this week's Friday (Bertha! If anybody still remembers...)
But looking at it realisticly, I suppose the whole thing will be kicking off at the end of next week, so look forward to that.
For right now... I'll give you a short excerpt of the intro for a start, just as promised. Hope you'll enjoy it.


*~*


I chose to cherish the things that are not to decay because of time, those can be remade anyhow, but because of essence... because of personality and its development.
The answer to this riddle I hereby posed so light-heartedly lies so simple: Memories.
They are our lifeblood. Defining who we are, what we experienced, what we learned and how we have suffered. And yet they can be eradicated within the sole blink of an eye. Now..., even though we all know of their frail nature, we still keep on pushing them away from us. We sometimes start wishing them away on a mere whim... and only begin to realize how foolish we've been after it is already too late to retrieve the things lost for eternity. The things that were ultimately forgotten.
So..., but why do we forget in the first place if we still cling to believing we knew any better?

*~*


There you go... no bamboo in the excerpt yet... but it'll all make sense at some point. And no it's not necessarily a riddle.
Note from the Editor - which is by the way also me: Regarding today's headline ... In the story it's not even morning... it's afternoon... Geez.

As always thanks for reading, enjoy your week!
Marc, the Marc-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.