Sep 12, 2011

Moonlight's Flashing Flash

Right now I'm sitting here on my bed writing a post for my blog, at a time when I actually should be sleeping rather than staring at the monitor of my laptop.
Yay for updating in the middle of the night ... yaaay... (at least it's the middle of the night in Germany - around 4 a.m. to be precise)

So what's the big deal with this? It seems I've got a bit 'insomniatic' again for a change so I figured I could as well go ahead and do a bit of work on this site of mine. I've been updating a few parts of this site with new content - mainly the random stuff. There is a new kitteh up as well. And I've been ironing out a few other things here and there, basically all over the place.
Also I'm still a bit hesitant to let Beni write his own blog-posts on the main site... who knows what he'd come up with...

There you go ... you call yourself an 'author' for once and immediately the cliche stuff kicks in..., now I just need to become an alcoholic and I'm all set... not that I'd actually be intending on going down that step slope. On the contrary - I'm trying to get away from the stuff completely.


But this post isn't solely about my pointless ramblings - I brought nice little piece of Flash-fiction along for you, my dearest readers. The whole thing is pretty self-explanatory so I don't plan on saying too much about it, except for: Enjoy!

*~*


Stray  Memories


Have you ever experienced a dream so vivid and life-like that you confused it with reality?
Each night a normal, ordinary person has countless dreams, fractions and scraps of memories, thoughts and illusions, not even meant to be remembered past sunrise.
Yet only a scarce number of those might ever have such an effect on you.
Nights tend to be lonely when you’re on your own and in a city not even the stars will keep you company. 
It was in one of those nights that I was sitting on my bed doing nothing, not even really sleeping, except for maybe admiring the darkness around me for its relentless obscurity. 
Then I started to hear her voice. 
It seemed clear yet distant, with a mechanical undertone to it just like on the phone.
At first I just listened to her, but then we quickly started to talk about all kinds of things.
We kept going on for hours and hours.
Suddenly she was quiet again and the haze around me started to lighten up. 
In an outburst of panic I searched for the telephone on the nightstand. I barely got a hold of it.
I held it to my ear, asking if everything was alright. But the only answer I received was the monotone dialling tone, waiting for me to enter a number.
The bitter realization... we've never talked since we put an end to it. 
A dillusion from the past haunting me in a moment of rest. 
Have you ever experienced such a thing?
No?
Then I guess this won’t matter to you...


*~*


The one thing I will admit and I'm sure most of you will have guessed it already, is that this whole thing is based on something that happened to me a while go in a similar fashion.
The short lil' text was originally intended for a contest - yet I withdrew it from the project as it was ... well... still too long and cutting even more would only cripple it in my opinion.

Concerning the recent events - I'm starting to come to terms with the development of the whole situation and I'm starting to accept what happened, so I'm also slowly leaving the lethargy of the last week behind me.
It's getting better again.

On a different - totally random note - I'm currently on the look-out for a good game with zombies in it that is available for a reasonable price... (And I want to mention that I don't like the Left 4 Dead series that much - just doesn't appeal to me)
Yeah - I know it's somewhat cruel - and I see the "irony" in the situation myself, but I got caught up on the whole Dead Island hype that started during the last week or two.
I probably would have jumped for it, could I actually get it via Steam... but nope... the German FSK decided that the game is not suitable distribution in our country (admittedly it is kind of nasty). Maybe, just maybe I could get my hands on a copy somehow but then again... it is still kinda expensive.
So I'm currently getting my fix of Dead Island thanks to Youtube by watching 2 Let's Play's of it - One solo playthrough with some random co-op-ness  (Thanks for keeping it rad Mr. Brad :>) - and another, different one on 4-Player Co-op.

So there you go.
I hope you enjoyed my randomness as I lack sleep and the Flash-fiction I hereby offered for your entertainment.Have a great day - all of you.

As always thanks for reading,
Marc, Chosen by the Moon

P.S.: New stuff everywhere \o/ Oh snap... already mentioned that... erm.. Bazinga?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.