Nov 13, 2011

[RBS] - Dire Forgetfulness

Fortunately for me, I may be forgetful at times, but usually not when it would really matter. Anyways hello fine ladies and gents and welcome to another Sunday full of extravagance, or well.. not so much.
In any case you are now here and will read on for the next five minutes (if it even takes you so long).

As usually I'd like to diverge from the every-day topics of this blog and turn to something a bit different. Again, fortunately, yet this time for you... this won't take up too much of your spare time. Yep... you guessed it... I'm just messing with you! Hurrah!
What would there be to talk about this week? Saying the phrase "nothing much" seems to turn into a habit, probably more bad than good of sorts, anyway... nothing much. At least alongside to the common affairs of Marc, Lord of Edinburgh. Most days of this week were devoted to further editing on 'Loner's Peak', adding roughtly another 3.000 words to the lot, despite all the cutting-sentenses that was also going on alongside.
I'm quite happy with how it turned out and I'm definitely drawing closer to a somewhat final version of my text.
Speaking of editing, I've been wasting a few thoughts on maybe wanting to do some re-editing on my 'old' World of Warcraft Fan-Fiction. There are still a couple (not to say a lot) little (and not so little) mistakes scattered throughout the text and a few of them start hurting my eyes when I spot those online. I REALLY should get around to clearing those out for good... But I also shouldn't get sidetracked too much right now.
'The Bamboo Labyrinth' has reached a stage which I would call good for inital release on the site. The end of it is still missing, but as it won't go up in one go that shouldn't be too much of an issue.
And concerning the upcoming week - if I shouldn't get my "better" pc returned to me by... let's say Wednesday, I'll probably start looking into re-writing the the first few pages I already had for Fool's Flight, getting the whole thing synced once the other machine is back home...

Aside from all the actual writy-writing - I'm currently thinking about reorganizing a few things on the blog. I've been playing around with a couple of the pages for a bit and I've developed a few ideas I'd love to use on the site.

Right now my private life is still pretty cat-less and lame to be honest. No super cool things planned up ahead or mega-awesome jobs of me clouded past. Nope... nothing like that. At least not yet...
Instead I watched Day[9] freaking out whilst playing 'Amnesia, the Dark Descent' Monday and Wednesday night (or yeah... the days afterwards actually - I'm not the kind of guy to stay up till 4 in the morning for stuff like that) and got on board of the Skyrim hype over the last few days. Getting nerdier with each day as time progresses... but I'm trying to counter-act with at least some fitness training. Let's hope it's not in vain as next week it's MLG time. (Weeh?) Oh, I'm such a sucker for events like that...
I'd still prefer any kind of (Beach-)Volleyball championships over it anytime but... yeah.. still no TV.
And for any of you who might be interessted in why I'm always going on about Volleyball (which shouldn't be too many people)... it's the only type of sport I've ever been good enough at to actually win a school-medal for. And I'm still proud of that... so yeah... that's just how pathetic it gets. No, but really... It's the sport I alway enjoyed the most durng my time still in school and I eventually came to be quite good at it.

Wow... I've been going on for ages here... got carried away a bit it seems. Ah never mind. I'll leave it at that. I origionally wanted to say a few things about Amnesia, the Dark Descent (headline *HINT HINT*) but it would be better to experience that kind of game at first hand anyhow... What I will say is that it's a horror title created by the guys over at Frictional Games (check out the 'Random'-page for a link) as it's name rightfully suggests and it's mostly known for being kind of ruthless. The game... the experience... the scares. It really is a one of a kind game, deserving all the praise it currently gets and by far more. One of the best story-focussed games out there, if you'd ask me that is.
But before fully drifting off course again. I'll give you one last link, some nice music from a different game I mentioned on this blog a good while ago and I'm off...

Enjoy your evening and as always thanks for reading and stopping by!
Marc, the indeed Forgetful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.