Oct 4, 2011

[SUM] All scheduled up!

Well hello there everybody and welcome to the first post of October and with the new month also the new 'system' I try to get running for this blog.
You see the thing I did with the title? Yeah, I guess you did. I'm trying to indicate that this here post is a 'Short-Update-Madness' post - hence SUM as an abbreviation before the actual title I chose.
Some of you might be asking yourself right now, why I'm trying to commit to such shenanigans all of a sudden. Well the answer to that is quite simple as it stands right now:
The blog is now up and running for nearly half a year and in all honesty, a schedule for the updates of this blog would not necessarily be needed at the time being, even if it somewhat pains me to admit that. (But we all know that the first (few) year(s) is(/are) always the hardest!) Yet on the other hand it is a great way of getting the updates more frequently onto the site, plus they offer a kind of topic differentiation on top of that. And that is just what I want to achieve.

To give you a general idea of my plans for the future, in other words the schedule:

Monday        ---
Tuesday        'Short-Update-Madness'
Wednesday   'Beni's Kitchen' (every 3 to 4 weeks)
Thursday       ---
Friday           'Storytime'
Saturday        ---
Sunday          'Random Bloggy Stuff'

The next thing to ask and wonder is of course what to expect from the various topics.
'Short-Update-Madness' will include - as the name hints on - short updates on what I'm currently working on, planning to do concerning my stories as well as this here blog - therefore this post fits perfectly into my plan.
'Beni' Kitchen' which will supposedly sneak its way onto the site every three to four weeks - contents completely up to the bear (yet this 'column' will not start directly tomorrow).
'Storytime' is going to be something special for you guys and girls reading my blog... at least I hope so. Which means starting this week I plan on uploading one Flash-Fiction with a length of approximately 400 to 500 words each Friday. So just as the name suggests - each Friday a new story for you.
And finally, the 'Random Bloggy Stuff' is reserved for the Sundays of the year. I'll use that as a place to ... well... express all the random bloggy stuff I feel I want to publish.

(On a side note: the Kittens will not be affected by the schedule - they'll just be put online whenever I feel like it - just as before.)

This should give an idea of what I'm planing. Currently I still have a head start concerning the flash fiction, so that part shouldn't give me any troubles getting this all started and in gear.

There you have it, my first 'Short-Update-Madness' in the new format, this time mainly focused on the blog itself. Concerning the stuff I'm working on... 'Loner's Peak' is going strong, with all the re-editing and rewriting as I go through stuff written a few days ago. Still I'm only barely half-way through it (yeah that's how much time I wasted already... at least it feels that way for me... darn it... I probably need a deadline as I currently don't have one).
I also got a single page for the first chapter of 'Nightingale' done on an evening I just couldn't really come to a rest. And why not directly write it down? For safe-keeping or whatever...
I still do not plan on working on those two projects simultaneously though - and I really need to get 'Loner's Peak' done.

That should be all for just now.
As always thanks for reading!
Marc, the schedulized

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.