Oct 21, 2011

[ST] - Oh twists, you so silly

Ah yes, another Friday and another story that wants to be told. Gather around me, young and old, as for I am happy to be... uhm... bold?
That didn't go quite as planned but never mind me, just the usual shenanigans. As for the past days - After I stopped complaining and left the grumpy Marc behind, I - in this case meaning the other 682 selves I have - quickly managed to find a way how to continue my 'work' and went on making progress with 'Loner's Peak'. Hurray ... cheers ... yaysorz.

You cannot stoppeth me wit thee foul attempeths, boldeth laptopeth!

But as today seems to be Friday, rather than Sunday I shall rather commence with the story scheduled for today, leaving the rest aside for now.
So please - enjoy!


*~*


What’s that you’re asking?
...
Oh yes, you heard me right. I’ll be going to Alaska on my own!
...
Why I’m doing something like this? Well I’m sick and tired of hearing other people telling me what I should do. So I figured if I ever wanted to get out of this situation any time soon, then I would just have to leave this place behind once and for all.
I just can’t hear it any more. All those people trying to push me into a place that they see fit for me. It’s the end of the line for me!
And I guarantee to you, I wouldn’t be able to stand this any much longer.
...
Oh, don’t make me laugh! Me? Too young? You have to be kidding me. How old do I look to you? Like a little kid? I’m turning 21 next week! So back off, will you?
If anything, I’m too old. I should have done so a while ago already. When they first started to tell me I should do it like this or do like that and then maybe in 20 years I would become CEO of something major. Blah, blah...
No! No thank you. I’ve given up on being dragged around.
...
I’m not totally sure yet. Maybe I’ll be an artist. I always had a kind of talent for that. Oh, and I’d love to be an actor. But there sure are a lot of people out there following this stupid dream of theirs. And I’m no good at lying either. So maybe I’ll just be the local snowplow-driver. Well... figures? Alaska’s always been a cold hell hole....
...
Oh yeah. Everything is already prepared. My motorbike’s waiting for me. I’m all set to head out! Another ten minutes or so, that way I can get me another drink, if I’ll feel daring maybe even a beer and then I’m finally going to take off from here.
...
Yep, that moment forth it’ll be just me and the road. Oh I won’t be able to wait for this any much longer. My freedom is right out there, patiently waiting for me. And I’m not going to let it wait anymore!
...
Uh...? Wait a minute... What?!
...
Damn that freaking mirror! The next time it wins an argument I will smash it to bits...


*~*


Still with the arguing, with the clichés and still with a somewhat similar thought behind it. But no worries it won't be the single theme behind all of them, .. and just to be sure and make things clear, it's not about me either. But like this it kinda fits the idea behind it all a little bit better, I believe.
(No offense to the people of Alaska btw :s)
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed todays piece of Flash-Fiction as it tore you away from reality for a moment and placed you in a part of your own imagination far away from any place somebody else could have ever seen.

As always, thanks for reading!
Marc, the Eager

P.S.: Kittens still amiss...
Sometimes strange music is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.