Sep 29, 2011

A night (with)out (all the dreamy-weamy stuff)

Five days and roughly 10,000 to 11,000 words later I can say without feeling too lazy: 'Loner's Peak' is growing nicely. And I don't see this stopping anytime soon.
As the plot of the story develops ... and I end up with another night of insomnia, my head starts running off into different other directions, successfully keeping me from focusing too much onto one story, which is - in fact - a good thing.
I came up with a few lines for stories following up after the 'trilogy'. It's a shame I still don't have a name for them as a whole, but yeah... sooner or later I'll find one I like. It's only a matter of time.

But we can't just leave it all behind every time like this guy did last night, can we?

*~*

[..]
Shirley also was there later on. Had her usual shift with the usual people sitting at her bar.
She didn’t look quite as happy to see me at first, but as normally she opened up as the evening progressed. Even did her usual show after getting an over-the-edge tip from someone, raising the top. Sure gets people fired up, buying more, giving even larger tips... She knows she’ll get none from me though. And she stopped tryin’ on that a long while ago.
I don’t have the money...
[..]

*~*

But I guess this is a somewhat different and... well, more difficult case all in all when compared with the pathetic little insomniac streaks I sometimes have.

Something totally different: Now that the story progresses like this, it will be harder to find excerpts to post without including too many spoilers. I'll be trying to prevent this kind of "over-sharing" as good as possible, but still give a short peak onto the story from time to time.
Related to that I'm currently looking into getting a schedule started, trying to get this site here a little bit more organized and stuff, ya know? So look forward to that. My beloved 'short-update-madness' will definitely be a part of it.

But that's once again all for just now.
As always thanks for reading.
Marc, the Zealous.. not overzealous or under-zealous, just plainly zealous

P.S.: Kitteh incoming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.