Oct 11, 2011

[SUM] It's that time already, it seems.

And with that time I mean preview-time! Yeah!
Well, sort of at least. In the spirit of the original Short-Update-Madness-update-thingy I will try to keep my ramblings to a minimum and present to you even more of my most recent endeavours.

As it proves most difficult sharing nothing of major importance for the plot of 'Loner's Peak' this far into the story, I will turn my attention and the longing to share at least something to another vile creation of my brain.
Which in this case would be - my personal take on another more loopy tale of horror - a bit more of 'Nightingale'.

I already posted my ideas for a prologue for said story a while ago on the blog and the things you are about to read should be taken as the start of the first chapter following immediately afterwards. It is again told from a first-person view (I just love using it - despite the usual scorn you receive for doing so. The element of chaos and chance that come with it - I love it! ... But yeah, people do tend to complain.). Yet the story will be presented as a retrospect for most parts.

It is a good bit of text, though not taken directly from the chapters beginning, stripping it a bit of the context - intentionally as I may add. So for now just plainly ... enjoy!


*~*


This frail reality you still cling to so vigorously even until now, this projection of a world in which you believed it to be the ultimate truth is nothing but a mere shadow, a shade of the bleak wish for something able to be grasped as your understanding first started failing you within the utter darkness that is this realm.
Everything you experience or might have thought to have experienced in the past is about as meaningful and redundant as a forgotten dream during the morning hours in the eye of the impending nothingness around us. And still, even though we are only hanging over this chasm by a worn-out thread, it is our mind that keeps us afloat, that keeps us somewhat sane by incessantly feeding us these pictures of happiness and hope, begging that our consciousness never would start questioning them.
As the land might melt, the sea shall burn and the sky will fall, but even then the mind will remain to be eternal. A divine gift bestowed upon us by creation. A gift we never deserved or even been meant to receive in the first place.
It is a true miracle created solely by our imagination that we are still able to sustain ourselves and survive in this nightmarish place we call home so dearly. A light haze cast upon us, serving but only our lowest instincts.
Yet once you have discovered this sacred veil and dared to explore beyond its reach, everything will remain without color nor taste for you. Only your very soul will feel the drought which you have brought upon yourself before it is already too late to turn.
It seems these words would roughly sum up to be my story. But your black eyes filled only with emptiness already tell me that you need more... They scream it at me violently. You need more to fully understand me and I shall grant you this one wish. You haven’t got much time left in you, haven’t you? And neither do I..., I guess at least.


*~*


I have my ideas for that story - but as I also mentioned earlier on this blog - I will probably only finish the first chapter over the next one or two weeks or so and then put it to rest until the stuff I'm actually working on is finished. Yeah I'm repeating myself a lot.

So I will leave you with this for today.
As always, thanks for reading.
Marc, Melter of Lands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.