Sep 22, 2011

A lion and a wolf in disguise!

Well hello there boys and girls. I'm glad that you all managed to be here today, or tomorrow... or maybe even yesterday already.
Let me tell you a tale full of wonder and excitement, but without actual content! So now gaze upon my prized possession ... my sacred wonder, clouded by a veil of secrecy... just... a ... moment. .. um... where did I put it?
Seems it got lost on the way. What way? Oh... uh... I forgot?

But I guess that's enough pointless rambling for one session, wouldn't you agree?

I had a bit of 'trouble' with the Blizzard Activision Community team during the last days, which pretty much took a lot of my time (and to be honest mostly my nerves) as a toll as I was trying to enter my story into their annual writing contest.
Everything looked fine first, you just have to accept the rules of said competition (which are kinda... yeah... no comment), fill in a web form, upload the document containing the text and you're off... at least that's the theory behind it all.
Shortly afterwards you receive an e-mail as a confirmation with the data you sent them. And that's were the fun started. Somethings not right... and now it's up to you to get in contact with Blizz if you don't want to get disqualified for giving false or incomplete information about yourself and/or the story.
Let's just say, it wasn't as easy as you'd hope for it to be, unfortunately above that the problem has not yet been resolved.  So I'm currently waiting on yet another email from Blizzard - this time from the US department - which will hopefully clear everything up ...
(On a side note - the whole contest thing is reason for me removing the 'preview'-parts from one of my earlier blog posts.)

For a bit more recent stuff - here is a short excerpt from 'Loner's Peak', although it is still merely a draft:



The doors somewhere behind me open, breaking up my stray thoughts.
Richard Jameston enters the room with quick, strong steps, displaying the strength and pride one would expect from him as the 'Lion of L.A.' although his black suit gives him more the appearance of a panther hunting its prey from the shadows. 
Everything on him is matched perfectly in the same color scheme I noticed before, black suit, red tie and golden cufflinks gleaming over towards me.
"Good day, Mister...?" he casually asks me from across the room without ever giving up his point of superiority as he comes closer. His voice is strong and clear, fitting perfectly for the archetype of a leader.
He barely looks any older than maybe 30, but the intel I got tells me he's heading straight for his 40's in the next two years.
"Mortinson", I reply cold, not too bothered about my cover. It'd be pointless hiding my name anyways.


There you go, as I said it's just a short excerpt of whats currently going on in the story. I polished it a bit more whilst I was copying it onto here.
Edit(1): Sorry for all the random little mistakes that were(are?) in the excerpt - as I said it's just an draft from one of my notebooks and I was polishing it up a bit for the story. Basically I took it from a bunch of scrap-work without thinking too much about it. I'm sorting it all out at the moment.
Edit (2): Hopefully all sorted out now... Joke's on me... Sorry once again for the inconvenience caused.


Also the search for the Sleeptalking book cover continues! harhar! or rather... boohoo....

But that's all for just now, thanks for reading and heave a great day,
Marc, the flammable.

P.S.: Heeere kitteh, kitteh.... here kitteh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.