Sep 16, 2011

Finally, honey-toasted pizza!... Wait..., what?!?

Here I go on again blabbering about...

If I'm totally honest there isn't that much to talk about today, although there are a few things that have been going on lately.

First of all, I finally got back into my lil' fitness routine again. It's been a while since the last time I did the workouts from BodyRock.tv ... and wow... my arms and legs are sore already.. BUT .. I feel great otherwise! And I just love the phase of complete exhaustion directly after the workout followed by an incredible boost of energy! Makes me question myself why I stopped doing them in the first place.
Oh guilty conscience you so... uh yeah... probably right...

I also finally got my hands on a great board game by the simple name of  'Zombies!!!' ... yeah, following the personal hype of mine that I'm cultivating the moment. It's by the utterly great people of TwilightCreationsInc.
(luckily not THAT twilight... but I'll hold back and won't comment on that 'franchise' just yet)
It's a rather simple game with really fluent game-play where you build a city from randomly drawn tiles turn by turn and try to escape the zombie infested city via helicopter in the end.
I'd say give it a try, if you're into such kind of games (and zombies in that case ofc).

And... I FINALLY got back into 'Loner's Peak'... yeah I've been writing actual stuff for the story. Not that I'd been all lazy and didn't care for it anymore... I filled a good few pages in my notebooks with stuff for the story and the following two parts over the course of the past weeks.
And still I won't be able to concentrate on it 'full-time' just yet - there is still too many things that need sorting out along the side.
(I really need some help... too many things, too many ideas... sheesh. And just to keep you from worrying too much - I'm still confident that I'll manage to sort it all out quite nicely at some point.)
I wrote five (short-short) pieces of flash-fiction during the last week for example.
They might not be that long (roughly 500 words a piece) but coming up with a good idea for one also isn't too easy. Most things I come up with would be a better fit for longer stuff with maybe 5.000 words.
But yeah, five are already done - I'll start working on number six as soon as I'm done with this post right here - which means only six more to go. Yep, you read it right. Six more to come. The goal is to get twelve little stories done.

Why I'm doing stuff like that when I could be getting on with a story that needs to be finished, which I promised to people online that I don't know personally a few times already?
Well... that's a good question indeed. To put it simple: I have a plan with them, they'll all find use eventually.

And finally another 'finally'! Yesterday I found a real nice letter inside my mailbox downstairs. It's from a good friend of mine from back in the days. (His name's Benjamin. I'll refer to him like that on here - don't confuse him with Beni though! The plush bear might get angry.)
He is a really gifted artist, who decided to study law.
Yep...
But back to topic. He finished a great drawing for my other story, 'Sleeptalking' in the style of a copper engraving (or etching - whatever word you want to use for it, English-German translations aren't very clear on that, seen dozens of different variations on what is supposed to be right). The only thing I'm not totally sure about is how to use it most effectively, because I think it is a bit too bright for the outside-cover of the book as such. So I face a bit of thinking that has to be done in that regard.
I might put it up onto site at some point, but not yet .. that would be too sooooooon.


And just for your delight, a new excerpt only for you!


“MITCH! MOVE YOUR ASS OVER HERE!” he yells at me.
Why on earth... couldn’t he have told me whatever it is when he was still sitting next to me? With a sigh I make my way over to the partition’s door dividing the place into a large open spac and one smaller room.
“One more thing.” he says looking at me while sitting in his chair leaning back.
“What is it Barry...?” my impatience is flowing through the words I speak.
“Did I ever tell you the story of the little swallow searching for its place in life?”
This question hits me right out of the blue. I’ve got no idea on how to respond to it properly.
“Uh... No?” I stammer after a short while.
“It didn’t fucking care! THE END! Now get out of my freakin’ warehouse and DO YOUR GODDAMN JOB!”


Yeah I know... I already used the thing with the swallow on this page before. But I wanted to show you how it looks like implemented into the actual story.


Sheesh all that bloggy stuff today. But yeah... those were my four 'finally's' of the day.
As always thanks for reading and have a great day,
Marc, finally the final finally

P.S.: New Kitteh already up.
P.P.S.: Some day you'll might have the pleasure to read the story about Camilla the butterfly and Bertha the bumblebee... if you're nice enough to deserve such a treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.