Sep 25, 2011

Apologies

Well yeah...
Over the last few days I felt like I have to apologize to the people reading this blog of mine for the enormous amount of (little and stupid) mistakes I made in the original upload of the 'excerpt' I offered in the last post. (That's the part when being an acoustic-type really screws you over...)
Hopefully it should be all sorted out by now.
As I said two times, the whole thing was initially taken from a rough draft I had made earlier - which had been polished up a bit - at least I said that... and I actually did, but yeah... I still did not get the mistakes...
Shows me I should be re-re-re-reading everything I want to post.
Nevertheless it just shouldn't have happened in the first place. I really really felt stupid for a lot of the stuff.
And please believe me, this was an exceptional case of personal rubbish-ness and non-thinking on my part.
It will not happen again.
 I hope you will accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused and I hope I did not scare you away ...

Unfortunately I don't have too much that I can offer to you right now, as I'm trying to make up for my latest mistake. But maybe I a continuation of the last excerpt will be okay? As the first step or so...


*~*

[..]
“Ah, yes... I didn’t mean to offend you by any means, but as you can probably guess my schedule is rather ... busy ... from time to time. So unfortunately I can’t always memorize all the names I come across from day to day.”
He chooses his words and the pace in which he speaks wisely, not being too slow or too hastily either whilst still making his way over towards his desk. Quickly he reached the middle of the room and goes on further to go straight passed me without even offering a handshake or whatsoever as a greeting.
Sure got a stick up his ass...
“So Mister... Mortinson. What paper did you work for? Please go ahead... remind me.” his words are somewhat pushing, but not over-exaggerative as he still is on his way, leaving me now only with the back of his head in my direct view, showing off the greasy looking black hair combed back and tucked tightly to his skull.  
“BioGEN” I reply without too much hesitation. “It’s still a small magazine which came up only recently. Forgive me being nervous, it’s their first job I’m on for them.” For a moment or two it actually sounds like I know what I’m talking ‘bout. But still...,
‘A small magazine which came up only recently’? Damn... the cover story’s so bad it hurts... It takes a cop to come up with something as lousy as this...
Jameston’s finally at his desk, looking over it for a second or two then turning towards me again, leaning on to it. His eyes are rather small, but strictly focused on me. The other features of his face are strong, somewhat really reminding me of a lion, missing only the mane. As an addition to that he has a black mustache, neatly trimmed.
“If that is the case then ... you are quite the lucky one being here right now, you know? Especially after being this late to an appointment... Other journalists spend a life-time trying to get to see me for fifteen minutes and still don’t manage...”
Damn it... he’s seeing through already... I’d hoped it would have taken at least a few minutes longer.
“But... I would also be lying if I’d tell you that you are the first rookie standing here in front of me. Still... you are a rather old rookie, if you don’t mind me being this frank right away.” He adds whilst grinning brightly at me, displaying a few of his pure white teeth. A sleazy, treacherous kind of smile.
I can already tell... He’s playing with me.
“I’m on it part-time. Everybody needs a little money on the side, don’t they?” I reply forcing a light smile, though probably nobody would be able to tell that I’m smiling. I try to lighten the situation up a bit, hoping it would take his mind off the obvious flaws my cover has.
Taking me by surprise Jameston lets out a short burst of laughter before he continues. “YES, THEY DO!”
[..]

*~*

also: Tables ... yay

*~*

[..]
I’m still treading on the red carpet from outside the room. It’s leading directly towards a large desk at the far side of this place. Looks like it’s made of ebony... Should that be really the case, that fucking table’s worth a fortune all by itself...
[..]

*~*


There you go, I hope this is sufficient enough for a first down-payment after my slip up(s) last time.
Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed reading my stuff today - I promise to try and avoid such mistakes like last time.

As always, thanks for reading.
Marc, admitting mistakes.


P.S.: Still searching for a suitable kitteh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.