Jun 20, 2011

Dabbling with things unknown to me...

... or well, at least I don't really have too much insight in.
Therefore... SING TO ME MY MINIONS! *aaaaaahhhhhhh*

So after having finished whining, I've decided to have a look at something totally different today, which being ... you guessed it ...music. And believe me I can't read notes nor even hit a single one when trying to sing, though due to my auditory nature listening to it is something dear and important to me (...can't stand total silence for most of the time).

What made me come up with this was my recent discovery of the 30 Day Song Challenge Facebook page. So I had a look at the rules page, came up with a list of fitting songs and started posting away. Unfortunately I won't be able to keep it up for the full 30 days, because I probably won't be able to access the interwebs for a few weeks in the nearer future (details on that coming soon). But 'sometimes-smart' lil' me came up with the perfect solution for my problem.
I'll just post the list right here (with links to y/t hoping they'll work for most of you).
For everybody's enjoyment - or whatever you might call it.

Yet a word of warning beforehand: there are some songs from german bands, sometimes with german lyrics, but yeah... live with it and give them a chance.
Here we go:

I'd like to note that I'm usually not that into live vids or recordings, still Youtube.com's not that cooperative when you're living in Germany so sadly I had to pick a few for the list. Except for the live performance of H.I.M. which you'll find in the list - that one's on purpose.
There you go, feel free to start arguing with be about my choises or my taste in music in general if you wish so. Regardless I'd like to say: Kudos to all the artists out there just doing what they want to do and being successful while sticking with it.
I hope you enjoyed this little venture into my taste of music with a lot of songs that actually mean quite a lot to me on most parts.

This would be all for now. And now I'll be getting back to watching the dreamhack coverage as well as the myths and legends that lie dormant within the holy scrolls of marketing management. I've got a test heading towards my way at the end of the week and it should be better to be prepared for that.
More writing stuff once I've got a little bit more time for it. (Which should be rather sooner then later.)


As always, thanks for reading.
Marc, the over-encumbered


P.S.: Moar kittez commin' - hopefully less dead-looking this time.


more seemingly unrelated song-quotes
"Oh, there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
I got bills to pay,
I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down,
I can't hold back,
Though you know, I wish I could.
No there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.