May 26, 2011

I LIKE GLITTER

You just gotta love Ratcarver.... Hearts for my favorite undead of all times. <3<3<3 Though he'd surely prefer real hearts, eh?

After my recent ramblings about all kinds of stuff, or well... storytelling in certain video games, this time it's once again all about my own writing. And for those of you who are interested in my fan fiction - just as I've announced last time, I put up the short story "A Ghoul's Life" today.
It's all explained over on the site for 'Bloodstained Shadows', but I might as well also say a few quick things about it right here.
This short basicly is the starting point from which I got the main ideas for the actual story. About two weeks after finishing AGL I first started working on 'Scarlet Dawn' and thus BS - CoaLS.
The short story is written as a kind of screenplay, because of its heavy focus on dialogue and it's also the origion of many little jokes and minor details scattered throughout the actual longer fan-fiction. Despite these connections to 'Bloodstained Shadows' the world depicted in AGL is a bit off-set from Azeroth as it is shown in the MMO or my story.
Therefore the text should "merely" be read as a satirical take on the achievement for the ingame-title "the Insane" as well as other aspects of World of Warcraft as a whole.

On a different note, not that I'd think I might not have enought to do already, but additionally to working on 'Loner's Peak' (which I managed to do over the last few days), reading tarot cards, staring into the stars and trying to decipher my dreams I had the great idea of wanting to enter the Bridport Prize in the categories short fiction and flash fiction.
Biggest Problem so far... what should I write about? So... I'm all about brain storming right now. Or well at least not right now, but later... if my brain let's me that is...
Damn troublesome brain... also doing its stuff on its own without ever asking.


The glare he offers is vile and filled with pointless hatred. The faint smell of bourbon being the only thing that’s making the stench of his breath bearable as we stand eye to eye.
He’s ready to go berserk on me. I can tell by looking at his eyes. Ready to frenzy should I only flinch.
I tighten the grip.
As a few minutes pass his eyes slowly turn clouded again, like of any normal drunk and the gaze shifts to something more fearful as breathing turns more and more difficult for him.


There you have it... it just does things without even bothering to ask for permittion... Aw well...

As always thanks for reading.
Marc (Ratcarvers greatest fan!)


P.S.: New Kitteh should be up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.