May 18, 2011

Hunting for... er... whatever

...and other shenanigans


Yeah, getting along with hunting for a part-time job, but nothing too exciting to tell you about all that, merely one of the many daring endeavours or whatever you want to call it, that's on my list.
Sadly I'm still a bit under the weather (in this case quite literally) as the current ongoing climate changes from warm to stormy to cloudy to warm again and back to cold and cloudy yet again don't seem to mix well with myself suffering from migraine with an aura.
But meh... it could be worse. The actuall headaches shouldn't start before ... next September, I guess? I kinda got a rather consitent scedule for those. Yet the many side-effects keep on haunting me when the weather conditions start to get all jumpy like during the past weeks. And they truly are persistant...

Concerning "Loner's Peak" I got around to finishing the current chapter yesterday. (not even 12.000 words so far in total :<)
Nevertheless I have for you a short excerpt from the text. Not too much, just a few lines:

***

I already know that I’m going to have to sit around for probably over an hour to come once I arrive at my destination. Another pointless hoop that they let us jump through for nothing but their sole amusement, as they watch from somewhere afar how we blindly follow their orders without ever asking.

Then again... that’s not true.

Once... a rather long time ago, a few years, maybe five or six, somebody asked. It was during the first few weeks that I was on the job. That guy, barely as young as I was. A bit too blunt for his own good and just as new as myself. But my instincts served me right...

He got shot on the spot. Or rather... executed.

A bullet straight to the head. Not much of a fuzz. Quick, but not as clean as they had hoped for. I can’t even recall his name. Only the image of the crimson gushing towards the rest of us.

Since then nobody ever asked again. But I guess sooner or later somebody will be dumb enough to do so. Once this dying memory has been discarded completely. Or at least the people bearing it. The only thing I’m sure of... it won’t be me.

***

As usual, feel free to comment on this little scrap of text, but keep in mind it's still only a first draft and also please spare me on the "The grammars not right!" and "Those aren't complete sentences!". I'm aware of that and I can assure you... it is indeed intended.

Now finally before I return back to the aether itself... I can't get rid of it! That song's stuck in my head... Damn you Youtube!


As always, thanks for reading,
Marc, the... whatever.


P.S.: Sorryz - no kitteh for today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on... you can do it... No need to be scared.
The Comment-Box won't bite you. Promise.